Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Easy Ring Stand

Been working on making various jewelry display. Planning on doing a craft show at some point and need something to display my jewelry on.

I love the ring stands from http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=27220827



Though the price is more than reasonable at $3.50 plus shipping. Getting the 20 to 30 I would need was a bit out of my shoe string budget.

So keeping with my recycled reclaimed reincarnated theme I came up with this

This is a bottle cap with a V groove cut into it and a diamond shaped piece of soda can sticking out of it. I used my hot knife to cut the V. One note the plastic that these lids are made of is super stinky when melted. Even doing it in a well ventilated room I can only cut about 3 caps before needing to move on to something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment