Wednesday, September 2, 2009

He who steals my purse, steals trash - bags

Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
Is the immediate jewel of their souls.
Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
But he that filches from me my good name
Robs me of that which not enriches him,
And makes me poor indeed.
Othello Act 3, scene 3, 155–161

My apologizes up front for taking that quote completely out of context.

Been wanting to make a hobo purse for awhile, but my sowing skills are lacking. When I went to the dollar store and saw the trash bags, it came to me that I could fuse the seams, and not have to sew at all.

So that is what I did. I fused the garbage bags together and then fused the seams. One warning to anyone who is inspired by this to do something on your own. One I did use a normal size iron, but one of those mini ones would have made my life easier. Two do not buy scented bags, my room stank like a cheap perfume factory exploded.

No comments:

Post a Comment